Essential maintenance work during September
As part of the ongoing programme to upgrade existing infrastructure, we are entering the final phase of the current planned work to upgrade the overhead lines. Whilst the majority of this work was successfully undertaken while services were suspended earlier this year, there will be changes to service in the coming weeks to allow this work to be completed.
Sunday 11 to Thursday 15 of September:
- From 22:00 trams will operate between Wolverhampton St George’s and Black Lake only.
- There will be no services after 22:00 between Black Lake and Birmingham city centre on these days.
During this time, Metro tickets and passes will be accepted on the following National Express bus services:
- 79 between Wednesbury and West Bromwich
- 74 between West Bromwich and Birmingham
- All services between Colmore Road, Broad Street and Edgbaston
Please note, a normal service will resume from start of service each morning.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these changes to our service and appreciate your understanding while these essential works are taking place.
If you have any questions regarding the information provided on this page, or to share your feedback, please get in touch. Get in Touch With West Midlands Metro
Please see walking maps below for directions to the nearest bus stop.