The Audit, Risk & Assurance Committee is a key component of the MML’s corporate governance arrangements.
It provides an independent and high-level focus on the audit, assurance and reporting arrangements that underpin good governance and financial standards.
The purpose of the committee is to provide independent assurance to MML on the adequacy of the risk management framework and the internal control environment.
It provides an independent review of the governance, risk management and control frameworks and oversees the financial reporting and annual governance processes.
It oversees the external audit, helping to ensure efficient and effective assurance arrangements are in place.
There is a minimum of four Audit, Risk & Assurance Committee meetings each year, held at West Midlands Metro, Potters Lane, Wednesbury. Each meeting generally starts at 10.00am and generally last for a maximum of two hours.
If necessary, additional meetings will be arranged as and when required and there will occasionally be some training workshops to attend that will generally last about two hours.
In order to be considered for this role you must:
- Not currently be an employee of Midland Metro Limited.
- Not be the subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order.
- Not have been convicted within the last five years of any offence resulting in a sentence of three months’ imprisonment or more (whether suspended or not).
- Not have been convicted of any fraudulent or corrupt electoral practice for which there is a period of disqualification.
In addition to this, the following experience is essential:
- Experience of financial management
- Ability to deal with sensitive situations in a tactful and diplomatic manner
- Ability to analyse facts and complex information, identify relevant evidence and reach reasonable and sustainable decisions
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to listen, comprehend facts and, if necessary, ask probing questions in order to obtain clarification of issues
- Ability to interact positively with other members of the authority and build positive relationships with members of the Audit, Risk & Assurance Committee
- Commitment to training and the development of the Audit, Risk & Assurance Committee
- The duty holder will be subject to random and for cause drugs and alcohol testing in line with current Midland Metro Limited procedures and policy
It would be great if you had:
- Experience of audit committee work
- Experience of overseeing ethics/conduct matters
- Knowledge of local government
- Knowledge of corporate governance arrangement
Do you have the skills and experience to be successful within this role? Then send your CV to email@example.com to apply today.