West Midlands Metro is your ticket to an exciting career in the heart of England’s thriving West Midlands region, we are the driving force behind modern, sustainable urban transportation.
We hold the title of UK Tram Operator of the Year as awarded at the 2023 UK National Transport Awards.
Our sleek trams connect cities, towns and most importantly – people!
With a strong presence in the heart of England, we play a crucial role in connecting communities, enhancing mobility, and contributing to the economic development of the region.
West Midlands Metro operates a modern tram network that serves multiple cities and towns within the region, our network is designed to provide fast, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation solutions to residents and visitors alike.
We take pride in offering a safe and comfortable mode of travel that reduces congestion on the roads, lowers carbon emissions, and fosters a greener future for the West Midlands.
We are now recruiting for Platform Conductors to assume responsibility for delivering a customer experience on our platforms that not only meets but exceeds their expectations!
As our Platform Conductor, you will be responsible for:
Ensuring all customers have a valid ticket or pass and providing excellent travel information to support customers with their journey plans.
- Promptly and accurately communicate travel disruption information to customers using the communication methods available.
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of products and services provided by West Midlands Metro and including ticketing options and timetable information and also the local area surrounding the stops and other transport modes and interchanges.
- Completing thorough and accurate incident reports when applicable
In order to be successful in this role, it is essential that you have / are:
- Excellent customer service skills in a busy environment, with proven experience.
- An effective listener with excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Experience in a forward-facing customer-focused role.
- Able to work within a pressurised environment
- Able to respond effectively to a variety of customer situations.
- Have and can demonstrate a proactive “can do” attitude.
Your next career starts here!
West Midlands Metro is the place to be if you’re passionate about growth, sustainability, and making a difference in your community, click on “APPLY” today!
No agencies please.
Screening Questions: (To be displayed to candidates when they click on “APPLY”)
Do you have previous experience in a customer service role?
Are you eligible to live and work in the UK with fluent English language skills?